A fresh new hair coloring job makes you look better and feel better. But a bad hair coloring job can ruin your mood and leave you looking for a salon that’s able to cover it up.
No one wants to have to leave a hair coloring appointment feeling dejected and disappointed. Therefore, it’s important you know exactly what you’re getting into before your hair coloring in Anchorage, AK. Here are a few things you should keep in mind before your appointment:
- Do not shampoo right before your appointment: If you are going to shampoo your hair before your appointment, do it between 24 and 48 hours in advance of the session, not right before. You want there to be a natural layer of protective oil covering your scalp to protect against the chemicals that are found in the hair dye. Otherwise you run the risk of drying out or otherwise damaging your skin.
- Do not shape your hair before your appointment: Do not use a curler or a straightener. Leave your hair freshly and naturally shaped. Whenever you change the shape of your hair, the way light and shadow work in it changes. Your stylist is going to want to see your hair in its natural state so they understand how to maximize the effect of your coloring job depending on how you straighten or curl your hair.
- Know what you’re looking for: It never hurts to have a photo prepared of the kind of color you’re looking for. The way you perceive a simple description of your color of choice might not be the same way your stylist perceives it. It’s good to have inspiration photos ready so your stylist knows exactly what you want out of your coloring job.
- You will need to be patient: Some types of colors might take a little more time or extra sessions. This is especially true if you are going, for example, from a very dark color to a very light color. Your stylist will be able to give you a good estimate of how long it will take you to achieve your ideal color, how potentially damaging that color shade will be and if they will even be able to get you to the color you want. If they tell you a color will ruin your hair or will not turn out the way you want, it is important you trust them.
- Keep maintenance in mind: Ask your stylist about the kind of upkeep you can expect before you decide to color your hair. Some styles allow you to go months without getting them touched up, while others require you to go back in every couple weeks to maintain continuity. Every color and style is different, so you should get a good idea of what to expect before you make the decision to color.
Looking for more information about hair coloring in Anchorage, AK? Contact us today at Studio FX Hairdesign LLC and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Categorized in: Hair Coloring
This post was written by admin