Whether your eyebrows are too thick or you’d like to balance them out to create a desired shape, waxing could be right for you. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the benefits of getting a professional eyebrow wax in Anchorage, AK:
- Gives your eyebrows a good shape: Next to thinning out thick brows, shaping your eyebrows to complement your face is the top reason for getting a wax. Waxing is the preferred method over tweezing for brow shaping, because the wax is strategically applied to hairs to get a desired shape time and time again. The hairs covered in wax are the only ones removed, leaving the others to play a part in enhancing your facial appearance. You may want to consider scheduling an appointment with a professional to get the best results.
- Hair is slow to re-grow: Since waxing pulls out the eyebrow hairs in their entirety, re-growth is more likely to take a long time. This is because the hair is removed from the root, and not just partially plucked using tweezers or shaved down with a trimmer. With the root gone, more time is required for a new root to re-grow, usually a few months after waxing. Another upside to getting an eyebrow wax in Anchorage, AK is that your brows keep their new shape for longer after a single treatment.
- Hair grows back softer: If you shave your legs, then you probably notice how scratchy, pokey and itchy they get as the hairs attempt to grow back. Shaving only removes the exposed portions of the hairs, not the roots, and the hair wants to protect itself. Thus, leg hair tends to re-grow thicker. Luckily for you, waxing promotes a softer brow hair re-growth. This is especially beneficial when it comes to keeping eyebrow hairs at bay. The hairs grow back slower, thinner and softer, so you can create the defined look and shape you would prefer.
- Positive effects on new growth: Look at your eyebrows closely in a mirror and you’ll notice that they are not identical, nor are the hairs all growing in the same (or the “correct”) direction. With waxing, you can expect the hairs to begin re-growing in the right direction and forming a nice, natural brow line automatically in as little as two wax treatments. So, while shaping the brows is a prime reason for getting your eyebrows waxed, training the hairs to re-grow in a more controlled manner is another.
- Less pain involved: You will experience a lot less pain when you get your eyebrows waxed by someone who knows what they are doing. The wax is only applied to the hairs that are to be removed, and then, using a cloth strip, the hairs are pulled off quickly and relatively painlessly. Aside from a little redness, there are no side effects like swelling or bruising.
If you want to learn more about what’s involved when you get an eyebrow wax in Anchorage, AK, give the team at Studio FX Hair Design LLC a call today!
Categorized in: Eyebrow Wax
This post was written by Writer