With spring finally setting in, so too is wedding season! The months from April through September are perhaps the busiest of the year for hair salons, largely due to the number of brides and bridesmaids we work with during the spring and summer months. We’re excited to gear up for another year of helping women look beautiful for the biggest day of their lives.
Here are a few things you should consider as you prepare to plan out your appointment for your wedding hair in Anchorage, AK.
Coordinating with the hair care provider
Consultations with your hair care provider are an important part of ensuring a great style and a smooth experience on your wedding day. You should be as thorough as possible at these consultations to make sure the salon will be able to manage every detail. You should come prepared with details such as:
- What will be your color scheme for the wedding, and the general aesthetic of the event?
- What time of day is your wedding?
- What does your dress look like? Bring in a picture if at all possible.
- Will the wedding be indoors or out, and if outside, what kind of weather can you expect?
- Do you plan to do a lot of dancing at your wedding?
- How do you normally style your hair? Have there ever been times where you strongly liked or disliked your hairstyle?
- What do you NOT want to see done with your hair?
- What is your dream hairstyle for your wedding? Bring pictures if you have ideas—the more visuals, the better!
Setting a trial reservation
A trial reservation with your hair specialist gives you the opportunity to try out several different looks in advance. This will help you get a better sense of some realistic options for your hair and what will make you feel and look the best for your wedding day. Most brides who schedule trial runs for their hair do so about two weeks in advance, so they have a better idea of how their wedding day will run.
When you have your trial hair reservation, bring lots of photos to help give your hair care provider a better sense of what you want. This won’t offend your hairdresser at all—in fact, it will likely help them out a lot. Often, our words are insufficient at describing exactly what it is we want with our hair looks.
A smooth wedding day
How can you make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible on your wedding day?
First and foremost, make sure everyone in the bridal party arrives at least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. This makes sure you’ll get started on time and keep running with your timeline. Individuals should arrive with their hair completely clean and dry.
Make sure you’ve run through your schedule with your hairdresser as well, so they know what time they are working with!
For more information about wedding hair in Anchorage, AK, contact us today at Studio FX Hair Design LLC!
Categorised in: Wedding Hair