When winter rolls around, a lot of people stop dressing to look good and focus on dressing to stay warm. The good news is that style and comfort don’t have to be mutually exclusive. You can stay warm and look your best by focusing on choosing the winter accessories and hairstyles that will make a statement, even when you’re all bundled up in warm layers. Before you visit your salon in Anchorage, AK, consider a few different hairstyles that you can try out this winter to dress up your cold-weather style:
- High ponytails: Trying to showcase your favorite necklaces, earrings and scarves during the winter can be challenging when your hair is in the way. Draw the attention to your favorite accessories by pulling your hair up and back into a sleek high ponytail. This hairstyle makes a major statement and allows you to draw attention to your style and not just your hair. It’s a good idea to use a styling product to help you keep your hair looking sleek and minimize fly-aways.
- French braids: French braids are a classic hairstyle that keeps your hair out of your face while creating a beautiful visual aesthetic that people are certain to notice. You can do single or double French braids, depending on your preferences, and accent your hairstyle with a beautiful headband or other hair accessory to complete the look.
- Dutch braids: Dutch braids are similar to French braids, but hair is added by passing it side-to-side underneath the braid instead of crossing the new hair over the braid. Double-stranded Dutch braids look great and give you the chance to try something a little bit different than a traditional French braid. Try wearing a colorful knitted headband with your Dutch braids to keep your ears warm and showcase your unique style.
- Side braid: A side braid is an easy look that you can dress up or down depending on what your plans might entail. For an understated, casual look, try a loose side braid with a winter hat or beanie. If you want something that’s suitable for a big night out, tie a side braid and incorporate a colorful ribbon or unique hair pins for some added style and sparkle that will take your look to the next level.
- Unique buns: Buns are easy hairstyles that you can achieve in a matter of seconds, but if you have a little extra time on your hands, you should try out a more complicated bun style. You can dress up your bun with a beautiful braid to add even more style and sophistication to this hairstyle. Big, chunky scarfs are great accessories to wear with a bun.
If you’re ready to update your look this winter, reach out to Studio FX Hair Design LLC. For years, we have been proud to provide a wide range of different salon services so that our clients can always look and feel their best. Whether you need a basic women’s hair cut in Anchorage, AK or you’re looking for a complete style makeover, we are the team to call. You can find out more about everything that we have to offer by reaching out to us or stopping by today.