If you’re looking for prom hair in Anchorage, AK that has that “wow” factor and will really take your whole look to the next level, we’ve handpicked these top seven glamorous styles for you. There are so many things you can do with your long hair that will stun your friends and your date and contribute to your night to remember:
- Low ponytail: A low ponytail is a simple and elegant style that you can probably pull off at home on your own as well! It doesn’t require any meticulous braiding or up-do techniques, but creates an elegant, pulled-back look all the same. To elevate your low pony to a higher level, leave a few curls out to frame your face, and use a strand of loose hair to wrap around the base of your ponytail, which will create a seamless look. Even though it’s a ponytail, adding some hairspray to finish it off will make the look last all night long.
- Braided up-do: A braided up-do is romantic and elegant. A braid speaks to the romantic side of the night, but even if you’re going with a group of friends, the braided up-do will frame your face in soft curves, while the pulled-back look will maintain an elegant silhouette. This look looks great when you have subtle highlights or lowlights, which are accentuated with the twists and turns of the braid.
- Side fishtail braid: Fishtail braids are in! This wider, messier looking braid will take your hair from classic to edgy in just a few twists. Using four strands of hair instead of three creates this look. Braid it around the crown of your head or down the side, leaving the rest of your hair down in messy waves or curls.
- Vintage curls: A vintage style is perfect if you’re also rocking a vintage dress. Complete the look with short, crimped waves and old-school curls. You’re sure to love this look and feel like a movie star!
- Messy twists: Messy can be sexy. For a carefree, yet put-together look, try a messy, twisted look with some hair pulled back and some left down. Or, you can pull the hair back with messy twists all the way down, leaving a long train down your back. This look pairs perfectly with a headpiece, like a flower barrette or headband. Alternatively, if you’re feeling especially confident, try it with a tiara!
- Upside down braid bun: For truly unique and eye-catching prom hair in Anchorage, AK, try something different. Hair braided from the back up and tied up in a bun on the top of your head creates a stunning and edgy look. Try this with a fishtail braid for even more interest.
- Messy low bun: A messy low bun can be another great style to try yourself at home. The French believe a bun is the most elegant style in which a woman can wear her hair. With loose strands pulled away from the face and pulled elegantly in a knot at the base of the neck, a low bun is a cinch to create a classic look.
For perfect prom hair in Anchorage, AK, schedule an appointment at Studio FX Hair Design LLC. Since 2008, we’ve been creating styles that our clients love. Reach out today to get your appointment on the calendar!
Categorised in: Prom Hair