Top Wedding Hair Tricks in Anchorage, AK
April 10, 2019
What do you do on the day when everything has to be perfect and your hair is just having one of those days? Thankfully, with the right preparation and plan, it’s easy to make sure your hair on your wedding day looks exactly how you dreamed it would. Follow these tips to have the best hair day of your life on the most important day of your life:
- Hair extensions: Hair extensions make a world of difference when you’re trying to get the wedding hair of your dreams. They open up so many options for hair styles, even if you’re planning an up-do. Extensions not only add length, but also volume, giving any style you pick an extra oomph that you’re sure to love.
- Have a hair trial: Most wedding stylists will give you a trial for your wedding hair in Anchorage, AK. A trial (or a few) will make sure you love the final ‘do on the day of the event. If you have a trial that you don’t love, you can fix any issues with it long before it’s the last minute.
- If you do your own hair, practice beforehand: Planning on doing your own hair on your wedding day is a lot of pressure, but it can be done! If you’re an expert on your hair and you’re confident you can execute your perfect wedding hairstyle, make sure you practice weeks before your wedding day so you know you’ll be happy with the result on the big day.
- Don’t get a haircut before your wedding: In the months and weeks leading up to your wedding, you’ll want to put off your next haircut. Not only will your shorter hair limit your options for styling, but you’re at risk of getting a style that may be too short or not exactly what you wanted. Now is not the time for a confidence hit!
- Don’t wash your hair the day of the wedding: This tip is important because newly washed hair is harder to work with, and won’t hold the style as well as hair that’s a little more “worn.” The natural oils of your hair will help hold your hairstyle for longer—especially with thin or finer hair. At the very soonest, wash it the night before.
- Switch it up for the reception: If you just can’t decide between an up-do or having your hair down, have it both ways! Try an up-do for the formal ceremony, then let it down for the reception, or have it down in long waves for the ceremony and throw it up in a stylish pony for the reception. Either way, stay true to your own style and what you love.
Most importantly, have fun!
Your wedding day is all about what makes you happy and makes you feel good, and at Studio FX Hair Design LLC, we make your happiness our priority. Since 2008, we’ve been providing wedding hair in Anchorage, AK to brides with all different types of styles and tastes. Call today to find out more or set up a trial!
Categorised in: Wedding Hair