Do you have natural hair texture in Anchorage, AK? While some people would kill for a bit more wave to their style, others cringe at their curly locks that always feel out of control. Is there a happy medium?
Yes! With a few careful steps, you can manage your hair texture in Anchorage, AK to work with your natural style rather than against it. Use the following tips at the salon and at home to create a ‘do that works for you.
At the Salon
- “Just say no” to texturizing: While this technique can work great for some hair styles, texturizing isn’t the best option for curly locks. This tactic will probably make your hair frizz after your cut and styling. You’ll end up with frizzy fringe instead of edgy texture.
- Communicate your habits: Do you sometimes wear your hair straight and other days let the curls have their freedom? Be sure to communicate this with your stylist so he or she can cut your hair appropriately so it looks great wavy or smooth.
- Go for layers: Layers are great for curly hair texture in Anchorage, AK. Ask your hairdresser to incorporate layers in your style for a flattering look that works well with your natural curls and texture.
- Choose the right products: If your hair has natural curl, choose smoothing and moisturizing conditioners and shampoo. Keep in mind that this won’t help straighten your hair—it simply minimizes frizz.
- Throw away your brush: Use fingers on curly hair. Comb it in the shower, gently loosening tangles and prepping it for your after-shower care.
- Flip and apply: Apply all products immediately after you shower. Flip your head upside down to apply products.
- Layer your products: For the best results, you’ll probably need more than one application of product. With your head upside down, apply anti-frizz oil to the ends. Then, apply moisturizing cream throughout. Lastly, use a gel or mousse to lock in moisture and provide structure for your style.
- Trade your dryer for a diffuser: After you have applied your products, pat your hair dry with a microfiber towel. Avoid terry cloth, as it causes frizz. Once you get it about half dried, diffuse your hair to finish the drying process.
- Texturize: The last step is to accentuate your natural hair texture in Anchorage, AK. Apply a texturizing spray to provide texture and volume, lifting your hair into an attractive finish.
- Wait: You probably don’t want to go through this process every day. The good news is you don’t have to! In fact, it’s best to go as long as you can before washing your hair again. Try to avoid washing more than twice a week.
Get More Tips
Would you like to learn more about managing hair texture in Anchorage, AK? Visit Studio FX Hair Design LLC. Our techniques result in brilliant colors, exceptional shine, remarkable and incredible durability and amazing, healthy hair that looks great. Contact our experienced stylists today with any questions or to schedule your next appointment. We look forward to helping you look your best!
Categorised in: Hair Texture