Many of our clients want long, healthy hair, but they don’t realize that their diet can make a huge difference in how well—and how fast—their hair grows. Your hair should grow about six inches per year, but when it gets all the nutrients it needs, you can enhance the length and health of your hair—and your skin and nails, too. Conversely, if your diet is poor, you might be impeding your hair growth, or even encouraging hair loss.
The key is to get adequate amounts of protein (a lack of which can cause hair loss, as follicles are made of mostly protein) as well as certain fats and minerals or nutrients. Biotin, especially, helps make keratin, which is an essential nutrient for hair growth. While you can buy biotin supplements, eating the foods on the following list will give you a varied and natural serving.
If you’ve been looking for hair growth tips in Anchorage, AK, look no further. We’ve put together a list of foods that are famous for making your mane long, shiny and luxurious:
- Eggs: Eggs contain protein, zinc and biotin, which make them a top choice for your hair growth diet.
- Salmon and other fatty fish: Omega 3 fatty acids have been proven to promote hair growth, so consuming salmon, mackerel, herring and other fish high in omega 3s will help your hair grow while preventing hair loss.
- Oysters: Oysters are an excellent natural source of zinc, which protects against hair loss. While you could take a supplement, too much zinc will have the opposite effect. Getting your zinc supply through food is a great way to regulate.
- Shrimp: Shrimp are not only a source of protein and vitamin B, but also vitamin D. Vitamin D3 deficiencies have been linked to hair loss.
- Avocadoes: Avocadoes are a source of healthy dietary fats, as well as vitamin E, which promotes hair growth in Anchorage, AK. It also helps prevent the skin—including the scalp—from stress-related damage.
- Berries: Berries are a great source of vitamin C, which protects your body from free radicals and promotes collagen production.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds contain large amounts of vitamin E as well as being a source of fatty acids, vitamin B and zinc.
- Beans: Not a fish eater? Not to worry—the protein in beans is great for your hair. They’re also a great source of zinc, iron, biotin and folate.
Having healthy and beautiful hair helps you make a great first impression, and Studio FX Hair Design LLC is here to lend our expertise in encouraging healthy hair growth in Anchorage, AK. Our salon offers a wide range of hair care and styling options, including cuts, color, color correction, special occasion styles and more. Our goal is to help you look and feel your best, so we work with each client to come up with individually tailored styles and solutions. Reach out to us today to set up your first appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Categorised in: Hair Tips