During these challenging and uncertain times, it’s hard to maintain our self-care routines. We fall into ruts because we can’t go out, spend time with loved ones and go about our daily lives. Even though you can’t visit your favorite hair salon in Anchorage, AK, taking time to do yoga at home will have you feeling good both internally and externally.
Practicing yoga at home
In between now and the next time you visit the best hair salon in Anchorage, AK, you want to set aside some time every day to take care of yourself. This means nourishing your body, mind and soul with some simple yoga poses.
- Cat/cow: This gentle flow involves two different yoga positions, the cat and the cow. As you flex and relax muscles in your back, ankles, shoulders and wrists, your body connects with the floor via your hands and shins. This pose is great for starting your yoga practice, as it stretches out your muscles while also building strength. Slowly transition from cat to cow and back again.
- Mountain pose: Also called Tadasana, this pose improves posture because the way we stand and hold our bodies affects every aspect of living, from digestion to mood. Plant your feet on the ground, place your arms at your side with your palms facing out, straighten your back and breathe deeply.
- Downward facing dog: Adho Mukha Svanasana is a position meant to create harmonious flow between the upper and lower portions of your body. This is an excellent method for opening your chest and lengthening your legs. You can easily modify this pose to meet your needs to address tension or pain in various parts of your body.
- Standing poses: Tree pose (Vriksasana), eagle pose (Garudasana) and crescent lunges challenge your body and mind to find balance. You work through these poses on both sides of your body, which gives you the chance to observe any discomfort or achiness you might be experiencing.
- Legs-up-the-wall pose: Known as Viparita Karani, this inversion relieves tension in the back and neck. Shifting gravity so that blood and lymphatic fluids are flowing towards your heart and head, this pose gives your feet, ankles and legs a break.
- Corpse pose: Also known as Savasana, this pose is intended for total relaxation as well as mindful breathing. You lay on your back in a neutral position, knees bent and feet on the floor. Use your hands to move your pelvis towards the floor, and then release your knees so your legs are fully stretched out. Relax all of your muscles and find stillness in this pose for five minutes while you focus on diaphragmatic breathing.
Many find that these soothing, strengthening yoga poses at home give them a beautiful glow, which goes perfectly with a brand-new hairstyle done at your favorite hair salon in Anchorage, AK, Studio FX Hair Design LLC. The majority of our stylists are rescheduling appointments from March and April that had to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We reopen on June 1, so contact us now to schedule your appointment!
Categorised in: Hair Salon