Six Things to Consider Before Getting Bangs
Summer is a great time to have fun and try new things. That is why so many of our clients come to Studio FX Hair Design LLC for transformational cuts and colors during the warmer months. One of the most popular changes to make is to get a bang hairstyle in Anchorage, AK. Before you get bangs, though, there are some important factors to consider.
Should you get bangs?
People always think getting bangs in Anchorage, AK is going to be the big hair change they need to shake things up. Yes, cutting bangs can add a whole new element to your overall look, but you should consider these points:
- Bangs require regular maintenance: Once you’ve opted for one of the many chic hairstyles with bangs in Anchorage, AK, you have to get them trimmed every two to three weeks. Otherwise, your vision may be impaired and your locks will look messy instead of fabulous. While you can try to trim your bangs at home, we’ve seen more clients come in with uneven tresses because of trim jobs gone wrong.
- Bangs and varying hair textures: Yes, bangs can look incredible on a person regardless of whether or not their hair is straight, wavy, curly or any other texture. However, you have to pick the right style of bangs for your hair texture so the cut complements your features.
- Styling can be tricky: If you’ve never had a bang hairstyle in Anchorage, AK before, learning how to style them on your own is not as easy as you might think. You need to ask your stylist for tips and tricks so you can make your bangs look beautiful at home.
- Bangs get greasy: Your forehead is one the oiliest parts of your face. With your bangs sitting against your forehead, this hair is likely to get greasy faster than the rest of your locks. If that’s the case, you’ll have to take the time to wash your bangs in the sink.
- Growing out bangs: Eventually, you’ll want to get rid of the bangs by letting your hair grow out. This takes time and patience. Yes, there will be an awkward period with your hair length, but regular appointments with an experienced hair stylist will help you look your best during this transition.
- You need to be prepared to keep your hair out of your face: Even with regular bang trims, you are still going to have moments when you want your hair out of your face. Whether you are working out or reading, a bang hairstyle in Anchorage, AK requires lots of clips, headbands and pins to keep your hair off your forehead.
Yes, getting bangs in Anchorage, AK does require a little more effort on your part, but with the right cut and color, your new hairstyle will blow people away. Treat yourself to something fun and unexpected with a style you’ve never had before!
If you’re ready to try one of the many hairstyles with bangs in Anchorage, AK, contact us now to make an appointment with one of our talented stylists!
Categorised in: Bang Trim