How do you know your hair is damaged? For some people, a mop of hair that feels more like straw is the first big sign. For others, excessive breakage and hair loss is the way they realize they’ve got damaged hair.
Read on to learn more about the signs of damaged hair in Anchorage, AK:
- You bleach or dye your hair regularly: It’s fun to be able to cycle through different hair colors and styles, but if you’re bleaching and dyeing regularly, you might be damaging your hair. Bleach opens the cuticle to strip the hair of any color, making it more porous and fragile—and it can continue to harm your hair up to two months after the fact.
- You wear tight hairstyles: Love the Ariana Grande pony? It looks great, but styles that put a lot of tension on your scalp and hair can lead to damage. The more you stress your hair, the more likely you are to break it off.
- You use a lot of product: If you use a lot of hair products, especially alcohol-based solutions, you could be drying out your hair unnecessarily. Even shampooing too much can strip your hair of its natural oils, resulting in a dry, straw-like mane.
- Your hair feels rough: When your hair feels rough or bumpy, you’re dealing with damage. Technically, this means there are gaps in the protein cells, but practically, it means you’re dealing with dry, damaged hair.
- You have a ton of split ends: Split ends happen when you don’t trim your hair regularly, and/or your ends are incredibly damaged from bleaching, dyeing, heat styling or other conditions. If you notice a ton of split ends, it’s time to get to a stylist for hair treatment in Anchorage, AK.
- Your hair is flat: Healthy hair is bouncy and elastic, while damaged hair is flat. If you notice that your hair actually stretches and lays flat, that’s a clear sign you’re dealing with some major damage to your strands.
- Your hair is dry: Sometimes, no matter what we do or refrain from doing, our hair is dry—which means that it’s susceptible to damage, too. If you’ve got dry, limp, straw-like hair, and conditioning has no effect, it’s time to see a professional.
- You’ve noticed hair loss or thinning: Usually, you’ll lose 50 to 100 strands of hair per day, which is more noticeable when your hair is longer. However, if you’ve noticed a lot more hair loss than normal, perhaps even bald patches, make sure that you talk to a professional about why your hair is thinning. It might be as simple as changing your hair care routine.
If you’re dealing with dry, brittle, unhealthy hair in Anchorage, AK, there’s plenty that can be done. Studio FX Hair Design LLC specializes not just in giving you great cuts and styles, but helping you take care of your hair. Put your best foot forward when you call us to set up an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Categorised in: Hair Care