Many clients arrive at our hair salon ready for a haircut, but uncertain about what style will best highlight their features. While you should always go with the cut that you love, we can offer some tips to help you make your decision. The most effective way to choose what you’ll have one of our stylists do when you visit our salon is to pick a haircut that’s appropriate for your face shape in Anchorage, AK.
Determining face shape
To figure out the best hairstyle for your face shape in Anchorage, AK, you first need to know your face shape. The best way to go about this is to take a selfie with your hair pulled back in a ponytail. Once you’ve got the picture, outline the outer edges of your face. The standard face shapes include rectangle, oval, square, heart, diamond, round, triangle or oblong.
The right haircut for your face shape
Now that you know the shape of your face, it’s time to look through the options for cuts and styles that will work best. If you’re feeling uncertain about these recommendations, speak with one of our stylists about finding the right haircut for your face shape in Anchorage, AK:
- Rectangle: Opt for shorter cuts with soft layers. If you want bangs, ask for rounded fringe or curtain bangs instead of a blunt cut style. When styling, find ways to go horizontal with curls and waves.
- Oval: You either want to go long or short with an oval-shaped face. Short cuts should be blunt, while longer styles can include a few minimal layers.
- Square: To soften your facial features, go with a side-parted hairstyle with long, flowing layers. If you want your hair shorter, a layered bob with side-swept bangs can be a beautiful hairstyle for your face shape in Anchorage, AK.
- Heart: Similar to those with square face shapes, you’ll want a cut that parts on the side. Go with a pixie cut or longer tresses swept to the side with some light waves or curls that begin below your ears.
- Diamond: Soften your look with a deep side part and a medium or long layered haircut. If you wish to accentuate your jawline, ask for a chin-length bob.
- Round: To add definition to your face, go with long, staggered layers or a choppy pixie cut. Some short side fridge that ends at your eye adds length to a round face.
- Triangle: You want to ask for layers that end at your eyes, cheekbones or collarbone. Short, wispy bangs or side-swept bangs work well with your face shape.
- Oblong: Try shoulder-length styles and create width at the cheekbones with waves or curls.
If you’re struggling to find the right haircut for your face shape in Anchorage, AK, make an appointment with one of the talented stylists at Studio FX Hair Design LLC to discuss your options. We’ll help you determine what styles will accentuate your best features while making you feel drop-dead gorgeous. We’re also available to help you find the color that works best with your skin tone. Book your appointment by reaching out to us today!