Maintenance Tips for Bright Hair Colors
Over the past few years, more of our clients want to experiment with brighter fashion hair colors instead of going with the same old boring natural hues. If you’re interested in trying one of the many fun and vibrant colors available for your hair, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the best methods for caring for your hair afterwards. Whether you’re going for unicorn hair, mermaid hair or one bold color, you’ll want to follow these tips for hair color maintenance in Anchorage, AK.
Caring for your dyed hair
After a professional stylist dyes your hair pink, purple, blue, green or any other bright color, you’ll want to pay attention to these recommendations for dyed hair maintenance in Anchorage, AK:
- Let a professional do the work: Yes, you can buy kits for dyeing your hair any color you can imagine. However, professional-grade dyeing products offer a higher level of quality than what you’re able to buy at the drugstore. Dyeing your hair at home can cause irreversible damage that might take months or years to fix.
- Take care of your hair: This is the most critical tip for dyed hair maintenance in Anchorage, AK. Even when a professional handles the dye job, the process takes its toll on your locks. You want to nurture your hair and keep it healthy with hair masks and repair products intended for use on color-changed tresses.
- Wash with cold water: When you hop into a shower to wash your hair, you’ll want to use cold water. Hot water opens the hair cuticle, causing the dye to bleed and wash away. After you’ve washed and conditioned your hair, put it up in a towel and turn the hot water up so you can enjoy a warm shower. Focus on shampooing your scalp and roots and conditioning the actual length of your hair.
- Be mindful of the product you use: You want to avoid shampoo and conditioner that contains sulfates and styling products with alcohol.
- Limit hair washing: Even when you use cold water to wash and condition your hair, this process still strips your hair of the dye. Incorporate dry shampoo in your hair care routine. If you can make it work, many hairstyling experts recommend washing your hair once a week if you have brightly-colored hair. If your hair tends to get greasy between washes, you can wash your locks every three to four days.
- Avoid heated styling tools: Blow dryers, straighteners and curling irons damage your hair every time you use them. Since you’re already nurturing your hair after the harsh bleaching and dyeing processes, limit your use of heated styling tools as much as possible and find ways to style your hair without them.
When you visit Studio FX Hair Design LLC for an appointment to dye your hair, be sure to speak with your stylist about hair color maintenance in Anchorage, AK. Our team of stylists knows everything about hair, from cutting to styling, dyeing to maintenance. Get in touch with us now to schedule your appointment.
Categorised in: Hair Coloring