One of the best parts about short hair is that it doesn’t take a long time to wash, dry and style—but many people love the look of long hair. If you’ve recently added long hair extensions to your look, you might find yourself surprised at just how long it takes to care for your long hair. Not to worry: we have compiled our best hair extension styling tips, so you’ll look great without having to spend a lot of time fussing in front of the mirror:
- Hang your hair extensions for easy styling: If your hair extensions are removable, hang them up with a wooden skirt hanger for easier styling. Instead of reaching around behind your head to try to curl everything, you can see exactly what you’re doing as you work.
- Get the right tools and products: A great style starts with the right heat styling tools and products. If you’re new to hair extensions, ask your stylist for their recommendations. They tend to vary depending on hair type, thickness, length and texture, so it’s best to get personalized advice from an expert.
- Pre-curl extensions before a big event: If you have a big event coming up, like a wedding, prom, gala or just a hot date night out, one of our favorite hair tips is to try pre-curling your extensions the night before. All you have to do is curl the extensions, then roll the curls up and pin them with a bobby pin. When it’s time to clip in the hair, pull out the pins and shake the curls loose. This instant style will make your getting-ready process a lot faster and easier.
- Clip in diagonally for a layered look: If you’re using clip-in extensions, try putting them in diagonally. This creates automatic “layers,” giving your new long hair a more natural look. It also looks great if you’re just adding extensions for more volume.
- Store temporary extensions properly: If your extensions are removable, make sure you store them properly in the carrying case. You can even pre-curl them for the next time you plan to wear them—this will save you time when you’re trying to look polished in a hurry.
- Get advice from a pro: Finally, whether you have temporary extensions or the type that are glued or sewn in, make sure you talk to your stylist. They can help you identify the best ways to care for your extensions, without damaging your scalp, your natural hair or the extensions yourself. Depending on your extension type, they might even have some fast styling tips that aren’t listed here.
Hair extensions are a great way to add volume, length and style to your existing hair. If you’re thinking about getting your own, be sure to talk to one of the stylists at Studio FX Hair Design LLC. We can help you decide which extensions are right for your needs, and give you all the personalized hair extension styling tips you need. Reach out today to schedule your appointment!
Categorised in: Hair Extensions