Want long locks in a shorter timespan? If you’re tired of waiting for your hair to reach that perfect length, try changing your diet. You can actually promote hair growth with healthy foods.
Don’t worry—you won’t have to eat anything too strange or exotic. In fact, the foods promoting hair growth are probably already on your menu. Simply make a point to add more of these to your daily intake if you want to encourage your hair to grow:
- Berries: The antioxidants found in berries help strengthen your hair follicles and protect them against damage. The vitamin C in berries also helps you absorb iron, which helps with hair health.
- Peppers: For a healthy dose of vitamins A and C, try a sweet pepper. These nutrients can help keep hair healthy and encourage faster growth.
- Spinach: Eating spinach provides healthy doses of iron, folate, vitamin A and vitamin C. These nutrients can help prevent hair loss and promote growth.
- Fish: Choose fish that are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids, such as herring and salmon. These may help promote hair growth and improve hair density.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in biotin and protein, both of which can promote hair growth. They are also a good source of zinc and selenium, which promote hair health.
- Sweet potatoes: These are rich in vitamin A, which has been linked to hair health. It also helps your body produce sebum, which can help keep your hair healthy.
- Nuts: Packed with vitamins and minerals, nuts are a great source of nutrients. These can help promote hair growth and overall hair health.
- Seeds: Similar to nuts, seeds contain many nutrients, such as vitamin E, that may promote hair growth. Some seeds also contain omega-3s, which can also help your hair grow.
- Oysters: Zinc helps your hair repair more quickly and promotes growth. Oysters are one of the best available food sources of zinc.
- Shrimp: To add more zin, iron, vitamin D and vitamin B to your diet, try some shrimp. These nutrients may aid in hair growth and help keep your follicles healthy.
- Avocadoes: Avocadoes are a good source of fatty acids and vitamin E. Both of these nutrients are associated with healthy hair growth.
- Beans: Various beans provide great sources of protein, biotin, zinc and iron. All of these nutrients are essential for healthy locks and can promote hair growth.
- Soybeans: Spermidine is a compound that may increase hair growth. Soybeans are one of the best sources of this compound.
- Meat: Red meat is rich in iron, which makes it one of the top foods promoting hair growth. It is also a good source of protein, which can help keep hair strong and healthy.
Want more great tips for hair growth and healthy locks? Contact the expert stylists at Studio FX Hair Design LLC to learn more about foods promoting hair growth. Locally owned and operated, we take pride in helping our customers look and feel their best. Reach us today at 907-349-0123 to get more helpful tips or to schedule your next appointment.