When you live in Alaska, you’re no stranger to harsh winters—but that doesn’t mean your hair has to suffer. There are plenty of ideal hair styles for cold winter days in Anchorage, AK, from simple chignons to low-maintenance short cuts.
The best winter season hairstyles for 2021 in Anchorage, AK
Here are 20 of our favorite looks to try this season:
- Bangs and an updo: Bangs are back in a big way. Pair them with an updo to frame your face.
- Beach waves: It might not be beach weather, but messy, beachy waves are always a fun look—and if the weather is bad, no one will be able to tell.
- Blunt bob: A sleek, blunt bob is a great, low-maintenance choice for the woman on the go.
- Bob with a side part: Short hair is great in the winter, and a side part remains flattering for most face shapes.
- Braided ponytails: Dress up your ponytail by pulling it up high and then braiding and finishing with a pretty hair tie.
- Dainty hair accessories: Sprinkle dainty hair pins and accessories throughout your updo for an ethereal effect.
- Flipped-out ends: Embrace the 1960s, and flip the ends of your bob or shoulder length hair.
- Glitter gel: The late ‘90s are back. Mix glitter with your hair gel, and dab it on for a glitzy look.
- Glittering headbands: For a low-effort holiday look, grab a chunky, glittery headband.
- Heavy bangs: Thick bangs can be styled in a variety of ways, making this a versatile style choice.
- Long braids: Braid your hair straight-back for this fun, easy-to-wear look.
- Long, loose waves: If you’ve got longer hair, style it into long, glossy waves for old Hollywood glam.
- Loose front strands: Pull out a few strands from your updo to frame your face.
- Low bun with curls: Similarly, you can pull out one thick chunk of hair and curl it to frame your face.
- Low, loose ponytails: Low ponytails are low-effort glam. Add statement hair accessories for a fun look.
- Middle part: The middle part is back in style, so consider this for your next cut.
- Natural curls: Got curls? This is the perfect time to show off your natural style.
- Pixie cut: Pixie cuts are the ultimate wash-and-wear style, and winter is the perfect time to try it.
- Short, wavy bob: If you’re not ready for a pixie, try a short, wavy bob instead. It’s low maintenance and can be dressed up or down.
- Top knots: A top knot is a classic holiday style—and great for everyday wear, too.
These hairstyles are sure to get you through winter and beyond—so what are you waiting for? Choose a favorite winter season hairstyle in Anchorage, AK, and let the stylists at Studio FX Hair Design LLC make it a reality. From color to cuts to styling, we can help. Call us today to book your appointment.
Categorised in: Hair Styling