Eight Top Winter Trends (Including Some That Are Making a Comeback)
November 18, 2021
The holidays are here, which is a great reason to experiment with new, trending winter hairstyles in Anchorage, AK. With plenty of favorite hairstyles making a comeback for 2022, you might just find a hot new look below.
Here’s a closer look at eight of our favorite winter trends. Perhaps you’ll find one you’d love to try out this season!
- ‘70s shag: The shag haircut is back, slightly updated for the winter of 2022. Today’s shag uses curtain bangs styled away from the face (like Farrah Fawcett) and thick layers throughout the rest of the cut. It offers a lot of movement and is especially good when you have a lot of thick hair.
- Long layers: Long layers are here to stay—with emphasis on the layers part of that statement. The goal is to create a lot of movement, instead of a heavy, blunt cut. This looks great on shoulder-length and longer hair.
- Lots of volume: If you’ve got naturally curly or wavy hair, you’re in luck: Massive 80s-style volume is back in. Glam ‘80s volume is achievable with a layered cut, a blowout and a lot of hairspray. If your hair is naturally straight, try curling it and adding volumizing products at the root to put your favorite hair metal band to shame.
- Pixie cut: Pixie cuts have never really gone out of style, which is great news for anyone who wants a trending winter hairstyle in Anchorage, AK. Pixies are especially good for the cold weather, since long hair can get lost under scarves, coats and earmuffs. Keep your hair healthy and low maintenance with this classic short cut.
- Power bob: The power bob has recently become popular, likely due to HBO’s show Succession. This is a shoulder-length or shorter cut that is free of all layering: It’s just one blunt length, which can look downright swingy when you move.
- The mullet: Yes, the mullet is back, and it’s one of the hottest hairstyles this winter. “Business in front, party in the back” isn’t just for your dad’s throwback photos anymore—women everywhere are wearing the cut. Just ask Miley Cyrus, who is currently wearing a chin-length blonde version.
- The curly mullet: If you’ve got curly hair, the curly mullet is in, too. It has shorter sides and a longer back, like a cross between a mullet and a shag. Try curtain bangs to complete the look.
- Wolf cut: Wolf cuts are a take on the shag cut. They feature lots of short layers up top that blend into bangs and are perfect for a purposely messy look. It only requires a bit of finger styling.
Is this the year you finally get the bold cut you’ve been longing for? No matter which trending winter hairstyle you want in Anchorage, AK, Studio FX Hair Design LLC can help you achieve it. Our salon pros are experienced in cutting, styling and coloring hair, so you can find the 2022 comeback hairstyle of your dreams. Call us today to book an appointment.
Categorised in: Hair Styling